At our school, we are:
- selling crêpes in the cafeteria at lunch (The students are donating the supplies. $2 for 2 small crêpes. One student will cook them on a hot plate, one will serve, and a third will handle the money.)
- running a contest among the teachers who want to decorate their doors with a French theme and their content area. (A box of macaroons will be awarded!)
- decorating the French students' lockers with a French flag. (The French club made them out of tissue paper, and we are going to pass them out among the French classes for each student to put on their locker.)
- hanging posters around the school advocating the study of French. (We used statistics from this excellent article as the basis.)
- running a trivia contest through the morning announcements about French culture.
Et vous? What is your school doing to celebrate? Please comment and inspire everyone!